In this Issue:
- Imminent Demolition of Historic Los Angeles County Courthouse on Ocean Boulevard
- Annual Meeting in July at Miller Japanese Garden
- An Enjoyable, Informative Harbor Tour
- Festival on the Green at Santa Anita Race Track, July 12
- Spring and Summer Bembridge News
- Los Angeles County Courthouse
- Message from the President, Melinda Roney
- City to Pursue Landmark Nominations
- Point Fermin Lighthouse–A Local Gem!
- Dolly Varden Hotel Sign Restored
Imminent Demolition of Historic Los Angeles County Courthouse on Ocean Boulevard
By Louise Ivers
The City of Long Beach has commissioned an Initial Study by Terry Hayes Associates of Culver City for the demolition of the now vacant Los Angeles County Courthouse at 415 West Ocean Boulevard. This Initial Study merely states that the former Courthouse will be demolished in order to reduce public safety hazards and eliminate maintenance costs for the city, as well as provide space for future development. No new plans for reusing the site are presently under consideration. Thus, it will merely become another gigantic hole in the ground similar to the one created by the untimely demolition of the Jergins Trust... Click Here to Read the Full Article.